For now.... I think we are going to try to go into the candle making business! We made 2 soy candles yesterday and really like doing it. We are going to try to perfect them and learn how to do a bunch of cool stuff with them and hopefully start selling them by January 2011 around Lexington and Georgetown. We both really love crafty things like that and I would love to be able to quit my job in a year or two and do that full time. We also want to try making soaps and see how those turn out.
Yesterday I was googling different sites about candle making and came across a site that said Proctor and Gamble was started by a candle maker (Proctor) and a soap maker (Gamble) in 1837 and is now currently the 6th most profitable corporation in the world. They started by selling candles! Granted, the market today is t-totally different than it was back in the 1800s, but I still believe that we could make at least a little money doing that, enough to save to open the business we really want to (one day at least!).
We are both extremely ambitious kids, especially Corey who is so good in business and management positions. I honestly believe that one day we will get to own our own business and hopefully change a few lives in the process. We are not big on "money money money" and don't want to be filthy-rich. We want to be able to give money to people who need it and rescue girls from sexual trafficking in Cambodia and feed orphans and send children to school in third-world countries who can't afford it. Third-world countries are a really big piece of our hearts and we want to help as many people as we can - just by showing them a little love and kindness. we would like to give around 10% of the profit from our company to a non-profit organization. Love146, World Vision, Compassion International, etc. are just a few to name that we would love to donate more to. After all, Jesus has blessed us so much already with all we have - not just in the physical sense but spiritually and emotionally and relationally as well. We truly are blessed people and even on the crummiest of days, I can still say how blessed I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment