Sep 23, 2010

WEG

We are about 2 days away from the World Equestrian Games here in Lexington and this city is booming! Lexington is hoping that this event will pump millions of dollars into this economy, so they’ve re-done landscaping, paved new roads and erected new buildings all for this 2-week event.
I am starting to like living here a lot more now that they are getting rid of some of the trashiness. It seems like every month I see a little more culture here than the month before; it is starting to feel a little more like home. Lexington would be a great city to open our first business in; the economy is growing, and Forbes calls it one of the best cities to start a small business in. I look around and see all these people that have opened business with a lot less support than Corey and I have and they’ve made it. So I think to myself…. why not us? Why can’t we start a candle business? What is stopping us? We are in one of the best cities in America to start a small business in and God is on our side. What if we fail? So what! Would that really be the worst thing in the world? If we do not follow our dreams, we will wake up one day wondering why we’re still stuck in the same dead-end job we were 5 years earlier. I refuse to let the fear of “what if” control my life. I feel as though God put Corey and I here for a reason and I believe that He truly is on our side.

"I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." - Phil. 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment